Happy New Year … Not!
With the New Year comes a new class of malicious attack that can impact IT systems. This time, the attack is hardware based, affecting mostly Intel based systems, and to some extent, AMD systems as well.
Here is a list of resources that highlight what it is all about and how to mitigate against this new threat. In the words of Microsoft, “Don’t panic.”
- What is Meltdown and Spectre? https://meltdownattack.com/
- Summary paper and Mitigation Steps for Organisations
- Updated AntiVirus vendor compatibility chart
- Summary of Microsoft information in one place
- GRC InSpectre. Test and enable protection against Spectre and Meltdown. https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm