I’ve been having issues with my Windows 7 RC test PC over the past two weeks. Every day or two, Internet connectivity would stop and the PC would requirea reboot. Symptoms were unusual.
1. Some websites worked, while others wouldn’t.
2. In a command prompt, ping would not work, with the name not being resolved.
3. However, NSLOOKUP would work fine, and return a valid answer.
4. TRACERT would not work, since PING didn’t work.
5. The Network Sharing Centre would report that there was Internet Access.
After fiddling around, I realised that the IPv6 DNS was taking preceedence. I checked the SBS2008 server DNS and everything appeared to work properly.
Finally, I turned off all IPv6 services, and suddenly, Internet Connectivity was restored.