Today, MIcrosoft announced the availability of a single update rollup package for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Some details for the rollup are as follows:
- All security and non-security fixes since the release up to April 2016.
- One installation package.
- Optional install – not offered via Windows Update.
- Monthly rollups after April 2016.
- Security bulletins will continue to link to a direct update.
- For Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and WIndows Server 2012 R2, there will be monthly rollup updates.
Thanks, Microsoft, for listening!
To get the rollups, you need Internet Explorer 6 or higher (not Edge – since this is not an update package for Windows 10). Get the updates here – http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=3125574
At this stage, other browsers are not supported, although Microsoft have hinted that the site will be updated in the next few months.
2 thoughts on “Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and WIndows Server 2012R2 Update Rollup all in a single package”
I cannot register the book by clicking on the link in the book. Please advise
I have sent you an email.