Sometimes, the domain hosting company is not able to properly configure autodiscover CNAME records to enable the domain to work properly with the Office 2010 auto configuration wizard. In this case, it may be necessary to manually configure Outlook 2010 to connect to the Office 365 servers.
1. Login to the Microsoft Online Services portal at https://portal.microsoftonline.com and open up the Outlook Web App.
2. Note down the address of the server – ie. hkprd0402.outlook.com
3. Open up the Add New Account wizard (From the Mail settings in the Control Panel)
4. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
5. Select Microsoft Exchange or compatible service.
6. Enter the following information. The server name is the name of the Outlook Web App server, with an extra “mailbox” added in. ie. hkprd0402.outlook.com -> hkprd0402.mailbox.outlook.com.au
Put in the user’s Office 365 email address in the User Name.
DO NOT CLICK the Check Name button yet. Instead, click on the More Settings button.
7. Navigate to the Connection tab, check the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP tick box and click on the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
8. Enter the information in as shown. Once again, use the name of the server as noted in the Outlook Web App screen.
9. Select OK twice, and then Click Check Name at the Add New Account screen.
10. A Windows Security window will appear. Type in the Office 365 credentials here.
11. If everything authenticates properly, the Server and Username Fields will be underlined and you can now click Next, and complete the wizard.