I recently needed to extract all the pages from a PDF file into separate documents. Previously, I had an old version of Adobe Acrobat. This was lost during a recent rebuild, and I could not justify paying for the latest version. Thus, I had a look into freeware and online tools. Since I do this quite infrequently, I decided to try out a free online service. This service has 6 functions:
- Split – http://www.splitpdf.com/
- Compress – http://www.pdfcompress.com/
- Merge – http://www.pdfmerge.com/
- Unlock – http://www.pdfunlock.com/
- Protect – http://www.pdfprotect.net/
- Rotate – http://www.pdfrotate.com/
I tried out the PDFsplit. It was a simple and quick process – Drop the file into the line, make some choices, click Split. The file is extracted accordingly and a ZIP file is produced with the desired results.
Would I recommend this for sensitive and confidential PDFs? No. But if you have open and simple PDF files that need to be processed, this is a great service.