Bookmark this page to find information on trending security topics.
Microsoft Security Tips and Talk
Unable to display feed at this time.
Microsoft Malware Protection Center
- Driving data security is a shared responsibility, here’s how you can protect yourself June 19, 2018You’re driving a long, dark road on a rainy night. If you’re driving 20 miles over the speed limit and you don’t step on the brakes when the car in front of you comes to a sudden stop, is it your fault or your car manufacturers fault if you rear-end the car that is in Read more
- New FastTrack benefit: Deployment support for Co-management on Windows 10 devices June 18, 2018This blog is part of a series that responds to common questions we receive from customers about deployment of Microsoft 365 security solutions. In this series youll find context, answers, and guidance for deployment and driving adoption within your organization. Check out our last blog Getting the most value out of your security deployment. We Read more
- Building Zero Trust networks with Microsoft 365 June 14, 2018The traditional perimeter-based network defense is obsolete. Perimeter-based networks operate on the assumption that all systems within a network can be trusted. However, todays increasingly mobile workforce, the migration towards public cloud services, and the adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) model make perimeter security controls irrelevant. Networ […]
- Updating your cybersecurity strategy to enable and accelerate digital transformation June 12, 2018This post is authored by Cyril Voisin, Chief Security Advisor, Enterprise Cybersecurity Group. Nowadays every company is becoming a digital company to some extent. Digital transformation changes the way business is done. For example, it puts more control into the hands of employees, who now demand anytime, anywhere connectivity to the solutions and data they […]
- Machine learning vs. social engineering June 7, 2018Machine learning is a key driver in the constant evolution of security technologies at Microsoft. Machine learning allows Microsoft 365 to scale next-gen protection capabilities and enhance cloud-based, real-time blocking of new and unknown threats. Just in the last few months, machine learning has helped us to protect hundreds of thousands of customers agai […]
Kapersky Lab Threat Post
- New Phishing Scam Reels in Netflix Users to TLS-Certified Sites June 20, 2018Researchers are warning of a new Netflix phishing scam that leads to sites with valid TLS certificates.
- Mylobot Botnet Emerges with Rare Level of Complexity June 20, 2018A new botnet from the Dark Web displays a never-before-seen level of complexity in terms of the sheer breadth of its various tools.
- APT15 Pokes Its Head Out With Upgraded MirageFox RAT June 19, 2018This is the first evidence of the China-linked threat actor's activity since hacked the U.K. government and military in 2017 (which wasn't made public until 2018).
- When It Comes To IoT Security, Liability Is Muddled June 19, 2018The onus behind IoT security has become so muddled that no one knows who to point fingers at.
- Olympic Destroyer Returns to Target Biochemical Labs June 19, 2018The threat actors appear to be in a reconnaissance phase, which could be a prelude to a larger cyber-sabotage attack meant to destroy and paralyze infrastructure.