Bookmark this page to find information on trending security topics.
Microsoft Security Tips and Talk
Unable to display feed at this time.
Microsoft Malware Protection Center
- Recommendations for deploying the latest Attack surface reduction rules for maximum impact February 22, 2019The keystone to good security hygiene is limiting your attack surface. Attack surface reduction is a technique to remove or constrain exploitable behaviors in your systems. In this blog, we discuss the two attack surface reduction rules introduced in the most recent release of Windows and cover suggested deployment methods and best practices. Software applic […]
- Lessons learned from the Microsoft SOC—Part 1: Organization February 21, 2019In the first of our three part series, we provide tips on how to manage a security operations center (SOC) to be more responsive, effective, and collaborative. The post Lessons learned from the Microsoft SOC—Part 1: Organization appeared first on Microsoft Secure.
- Why the Pipeline Cybersecurity Initiative is a critical step February 21, 2019Working together with government to push a more coordinated effort around infrastructure securityparticularly pipelines and utilitiesis critical. The new Pipeline Cybersecurity Initiative will help ensure that additional resources, information-sharing, and coordination will help mitigate additional cyber-related risks against the U.S. energy industry in the […]
- Step 5. Set up mobile device management: top 10 actions to secure your environment February 14, 2019The Top 10 actions to secure your environment series outlines fundamental steps you can take with your investment in Microsoft 365 security solutions. In Step 5. Set up mobile device management, youll learn how to plan your Microsoft Intune deployment and set up Mobile Device Management (MDM) as part of your Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) strategy. The po […]
- The evolution of Microsoft Threat Protection, February update February 13, 2019Learn about the latest enhancements to Microsoft Threat Protection, the premier solution for securing the modern workplace across identities, endpoints, user data, apps, and infrastructure. The post The evolution of Microsoft Threat Protection, February update appeared first on Microsoft Secure.
Kapersky Lab Threat Post
- Hackers Take Down Safari, VMware and Oracle at Pwn2Own March 21, 2019On the first day of Pwn2Own 2019 hackers poked holes in Apple Safari, VMware Workstation and Oracle VirtualBox.
- Facebook Stored Passwords in Plain Text For Years March 21, 2019The social media giant said that it is notifying users whose passwords it stored in plain text, which made them accessible for Facebook employees to view.
- MyPillow and Amerisleep Targeted in Magecart Group Attacks March 21, 2019In both breaches of MyPillow and Amerisleep, the customers whose payment information was potentially stolen were not informed.
- Cisco Patches High-Severity Flaws in IP Phones March 21, 2019The most serious vulnerabilities in Cisco's 8800 Series IP Phones could allow unauthenticated, remote attackers to conduct a cross-site request forgery attack or write arbitrary files to the filesystem.
- Mac-Focused Malvertising Campaign Abuses Google Firebase DBs March 20, 2019Researchers said 1 million user sessions could have been exposed to the campaign, which downloads the Shlayer trojan.