Bookmark this page to find information on trending security topics.
Microsoft Security Tips and Talk
Unable to display feed at this time.
Microsoft Malware Protection Center
- How to cost-effectively manage and secure a mobile ecosystem July 16, 2019In a world of booming mobility, Pradeo Security Mobile Threat Defense and Microsoft are partnering together for a brighter and more secure future. The post How to cost-effectively manage and secure a mobile ecosystem appeared first on Microsoft Security.
- Facing the cold chills July 15, 2019DART recently worked with a customer who had been subject to a targeted compromise where the entity was intently and purposefully attempting to get into their systems. The post Facing the cold chills appeared first on Microsoft Security.
- Preparing your enterprise to eliminate passwords July 11, 2019If you’re a CIO, a CISO, or any other exec at a company who is thinking about digital security, the user name/password paradigm is more than a hassle, it’s a true security challenge, which keeps many of us up at night. Today, I’m outlining the basic steps necessary to eliminate passwords, with the acknowledgement that we’re still on the journey. I believe we […]
- Microsoft Intelligent Security Association welcomes members of the Microsoft Virus Initiative July 11, 2019Antimalware products play a key role in collaboration to reduce security complexity and deliver better protection to customers. The post Microsoft Intelligent Security Association welcomes members of the Microsoft Virus Initiative appeared first on Microsoft Security.
- Dismantling a fileless campaign: Microsoft Defender ATP next-gen protection exposes Astaroth attack July 8, 2019Advanced technologies in Microsoft Defender ATP next-generation protection exposed and defeated a widespread fileless campaign that completely “lived off the land” throughout a complex attack chain that run the info-stealing backdoor Astaroth directly in memory The post Dismantling a fileless campaign: Microsoft Defender ATP next-gen protection exposes Astar […]
Kapersky Lab Threat Post
- LenovoEMC Storage Gear Leaks Sensitive Financial Data July 16, 2019Lenovo patches enterprise and SMB network attached storage devices for a vulnerability that leaked data to the public internet.
- The Future is Female: A Key to the Cybersecurity Workforce Challenge July 16, 2019With cybersecurity worldwide facing a major applicant shortage, businesses should be courting women and supporting girls.
- WhatsApp, Telegram Coding Blunders Can Expose Personal Media Files July 16, 2019The issue, present on Android versions, is similar to the known man-in-the-disk attack vector.
- JetBlue Bomb Scare Set Off with Apple AirDrop July 16, 2019Someone AirDropped a picture of a suicide vest to multiple people on a JetBlue flight, prompting an evacuation.
- Privacy Experts: Facebook’s $5B Fine Unlikely to Do Much July 15, 2019The FTC has levied its biggest fine ever against the social network, but it's unlikely to have much effect.